16. We’re all a little bit masochistic when it comes to music. What are the 5 songs that never fail to make you sad but you listen to anyway?
My list, in no particular order:
1. Cold As You – Taylor Swift; one lyric always gets me “And you come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you.” It just breaks my heart every time.
2. Keep You – Sugarland; this song has just always gotten to me. I don’t even know why anymore, it just does.
3. Seasons of Love – RENT; this song used to make me cry because of the movie which always always always hits me but Glee did I cover to honor Cory Monteith when he died because it is literally the perfect song for that man and everything he’d been through. Recently, they released a cover of it sung by ‘the graduates’ from season 3 which included Monteith’s voice. That version, even just talking about it now, brings me to tears.
4. Perfect – Simple Plan; Daddy Issues, Enough Said.
5. I and Love and You – The Avett Brothers; Just.. my heart y’all. My heart.
Bonus Track: Gardenia – Mandy Moore; aka a song so much about me it’s ridiculous
Bonus Track 2: Don’t Forget Where You Belong – One Direction; because I’m a huge sap, especially for my family and my home.